Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hi

Hi,

my name is Franziska, I am 23 years old, from Germany and live in Ireland at the moment. As long as I can remember, I want to travel. Already as a child I had the chance to travel to many European countries together with my parents, and we never went to those touristic places in Italy or Spain, but to England, Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, France and so on.


Me on a glacier in Austria in summer 2011


So when I say travelling, I don't mean to go on holidays to an all inclusive Hotel in Turkey or Egypt, I mean traveling as a bit of an adventure, go to places tourist usually don't go to, meet local people, experience the local culture, eat local food, learn a few sentences in the local language, meet new friends and have fun, do whatever I want to do and go wherever I want to go, just: to be free.
So far I have been to Southamerica (Chili), Northamerica (Canada and I spent a day in Alaska), and a lot of Countries in Europe. I could write ages about my former adventures (for example about hitchiking at night in Serbia or waiting at an empty bus station at 5 a.m. in Chili), but I am already completely busy with the preparations for my next trip: Cameroon.



I already booked my flight and I am already quite excited, although it is even 5 month until I go. It will be my first time in Africa, and I kind of know that it will be completely differen from everything I have seen so far.  Already the preparations require al lot of time and thinking. I need Visa, vaccinations, a list with useful things to bring e.g. presents for my host family.
Well, enough for now, next time I'm gonna  tell you what exactely I am going to do over there...

Have a nice day,

Franziska

PS: The picture shows me on a glacier in Austria in summer 2011
The picture on the top(with the plane) was taken in Queen Charlotte, Haida Gwaii, small Islands in the west of Canada
_________________________________________________________________________
Hi
ich bin Franziska, 23 Jahre alt und lebe momentan in Irland. So lange ich mich erinnern kann, zieht es mich in die Ferne. Schon als Kind war ich mit meinen Eltern in den Ferien viel in Europa unterwegs, wobei wir nie in die typischen Touristendestinationen gefahren sind wie Italien oder  Spanien, sondern nach England, Irland, Schweden, Frankreich, Schottland usw.
Wenn ich sage ich reise gern, dann meine ich damit nicht die üblichen Pauschalreisen nach Ägypten oder in die Türkei, sondern Reisen als "Abenteuer". Nicht touristische Orte erleben, Einheimische Leute zu treffen, die Kultur, das typische Essen kennen zu lernen, Freundschaften schließen, Spaß zu haben, zu machen was ich will und dahin zu gehen wo ich will, das bedeutet reisen für mich: Frei sein.
Bis jetzt war ich in Südamerika (Chile), Nordamerika (Kanada) und in sehr vielen Ländern Europas. Tagelang könnte ich Geschichten und kleine Abenteuer erzählen, die ich bis jetzt erlebt habe, wie zum Beispiel in Serbien in der Nacht per Anhalter zu fahren oder um 5 in der Früh auf einem menschenleeren Busbahnhof in Chile auf eine Betreuerin zu warten. Momentan bin ich aber sehr mit den Vorbereitungen für meine nächste Reise beschäftigt: Es geht nach Kamerun.



Der Flug ist schon gebucht, Anfang Juli geht es für 3 Monate nach Afrika. Ich bin schon sehr aufgeregt und die Vorbereitungen erfordern eine Menge Zeit, ich muss mich um ein Visum kümmern, brauche Impfungen, bin am überlegen was ich für Gastgeschenke mitbringen könnte...aber ich bin mir sicher: es wird auch diesmal eine tolle Zeit werden.


Viele Grüße,

Franziska

No comments:

Post a Comment